16 pieces Fillo Pastry Sheets
450g Ground Nuts (Chopped)
1 cup Butter
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Water
1 cup FairPrice Pure Cane Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup FairPrice 100% Pure Premium Raw Honey
FairPrice California Pistachio (Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C. Separately, melt one cup of butter and set it aside for later.
- Butter a 9×13 inch pan using the melted butter. In another bowl, toss the chopped nuts and ground cinnamon evenly.
- On the buttered pan, lay 2 sheets of fillo pastry sheets (make sure to cut it to your pan’s size). Then, butter the top sheet evenly. Repeat this 4 more times until you have 8 layered sheets in total.
- Sprinkle 2 – 3 tbsp of the nut mixture on the pastry sheets. Then layer another 2 fillo pastry sheets above and coat with butter. Repeat this once more.
- Top your pan with another 8 pastry sheets, buttering every 2 pieces following Step 3.
- Use a sharp knife to cut your pastry into diamond shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes until the baklava is golden and crisp.
- While the baklava is baking, melt your sugar in 1 cup of boiling water in a separate pot. Add the vanilla extract and honey and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finally, remove your baklava from the oven and immediately scoop the sweet sauce over it. Let it cool and it’s ready to serve!
Optional: Sprinkle some chopped pistachio over for finishing touches.