3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1½ tbsp Chinese Rice Wine
1 tbsp Minced Ginger
2 tsp Sugar
500g Salmon Fillet
½ cup Brown Sugar
⅓ cup Uncooked White Rice
¼ cup Chinese Tea Leave
2 whole Star Anise
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, minced ginger and sugar to make a marinade.
- Cut Salmon into 2 pcs and cover it with marinate. Marinade for 10 minutes.
- Line a wok with aluminium foil, ensure that the aluminium foil covers all surface of the wok.
- Combine the brown sugar, rice, tea leaves and star anise in a bowl and spread the mixture evenly onto the base of the aluminium foil.
- Set a round wire rack over the mixture. It should be about 2 cm above the mixture.
- Heat the wok over high heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the mixture begins to smoke.
- Place marinated salmon on the wire rack skin side down. Place on cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Do not remove the cover for 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a fork, the salmon should flake easily. If the salmon is not done, smoke for another 2 – 3 more minutes.
- Serve up with your favourite sides.