790g Medium firm tofu
340g Impossible meat*
2 sprigs Spring onion
2 tsp Minced Ginger
2 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp Spicy bean sauce
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Rice wine
2 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Corn-starch
2 tsp Szechuan pepper
2 tbsp Oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Soak tofu with salted water for 20 minutes, rinse, pat dry tofu with kitchen paper then cut into small pieces, set aside
- Slice spring onion and mince garlic, set aside
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add Szechuan pepper, cook until fra-grant about 1 minute, to make Szechuan pepper oil
- Turn off heat, discard Szechuan pepper, pour out the Szechuan pepper oil and set aside.
- Using the same frying pan over medium high heat, sauté minced garlic and minced ginger with 4 tbsp of oil until fragrant; add in Impossible Meat cook until brown.
- Add in spicy bean sauce, stir fry ingredients until fragrant, add in rice wine and soy sauce; stir well
- Add in water, bring to a boil then add in diced tofu, cover and let it simmer for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Prepare corn-starch water by adding 2 tbsp of cornflour to 4 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Remove lid, add in corn-starch water and cook until sauce is thicken, turn off heat,
- Transfer to serving plate, pour Szechuan pepper oil over tofu then sprinkle with minced spring onion and serve immediately.