1 bottle Life Herbal Tea
5g Konnyaku Powder
Sweet potato and taro balls:
100g Sweet Potato, diced
100g Taro, diced
1 cup Tapioca Starch, plus extra for dusting
6 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Red Beans, soaked
3 cups Water
2 tbsp Rock Sugar
1 bottle Life Bottle Drink Herbal Tea
¼ cup Rock Sugar
- Combine Life Bottle Drink Herbal Tea and konnyaku powder together in a pot, and stir until it boils.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl and chill for 4 hours.
- Boil sweet potato and taro cubes in separate pots till soft. You should be able to easily pierce the cubes with a toothpick or fork.
- Drain the water and mash the boiled sweet potatoes and taro with a fork in separate bowls.
- Add half the tapioca starch and sugar to each bowl and knead each dough by hand till smooth. Add more water if the dough is too dry, or tapioca flour if it’s too wet.
- Roll the doughs out into logs, cut them into 1.5cm pieces, and roll them into balls. Toss with tapioca starch till well-coated.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the sweet potato and taro balls for 2 minutes, then transfer to an ice bath.
- Combine soaked red beans, water, and rock sugar in a pot. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Combine 1 bottle Life Herbal Tea and rock sugar in a pot, and boil till sugar is dissolved.
- Put all components into a bowl to serve.