100g Cooked Seabass Fillet
100g Kimchi (Roughly Chopped)
130g Carrot (Grated)
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
2 stalks Spring Onion (Thinly Chopped)
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 ¼ cup Tempura Mix
250ml Cold Water
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp White Pepper
2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Pull apart the cooked seabass fillet or leftover fish of choice into even smaller chunks. The fish could have been fried or steamed, depending on your preference.
- Grate the carrots using a large hole grater and squeeze out a little bit of the excess carrot juice so that it does not dilute the batter.
- Chop or use a scissors to roughly cut up the kimchi into even smaller chunks so it’ll be easy to mix into the pancake batter later on.
- Combine the ingredients for the batter mix thoroughly until its consistency resembles that of a pancake batter.
- Add the prepared fillings ingredients and ensure that all the ingredients are coated evenly with the batter mix.
- Heat up the 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Spoon ¼ cup of the batter mix and flatten it out to roughly 0.5cm thick (or thinner if you want it crispier).
- Fry 1-2 mins on each side or until brown and to your desired crispiness.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients together and serve with the piping hot kimchi fish pancake fritters!