2 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 ¼ tsp Instant Yeast
1 cup Warm Water
2 tbsp Sugar
Vegetable oil for deep-frying
4 Sausages (cut into 4cm width pieces)
250g Cheddar Cheese Block (cut into 4cm width pieces)
Skewers (or wooden chopsticks)
1 pack Instant Ramen (crushed)
1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
¼ cup White Sugar (to coat the corn dogs, optional)
Condiments like ketchup and mustard
- Mix the instant yeast, sugar, and warm water well. Set aside for 10 mins or until it appears slightly foamy.
- Combine the bread flour and salt in a separate bowl. Add the instant yeast mixture to make the dough.
- Whisk all the ingredients until no lumps appear to get a moist dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it to proof in the fridge for 1 hour until double its original size.
- Cook the sausages partially in boiling water for up to 5 mins. Pat dry, then arrange with the cheddar cheese on skewers or wooden chopsticks.
- Coat the skewered sausages and cheddar cheese in the proofed dough. If it gets too sticky, wet your palm so that moulding it into a corn dog shape is easier.
- Divide the panko breadcrumbs and instant ramen on a large baking pan. Press the toppings gently to help them stick onto the dough.
- Fry the corn dogs at 170°C for 5 mins until golden-brown. Do this in batches of two to ensure the temperature of the oil remains consistent.
- Remove the corn dogs from the oil with tongs when ready. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Roll them in sugar before drizzling ketchup and mustard, if you prefer! Serve warm.
Tip: The filling is not limited to sausages or cheese. Fishcakes can even be used for an extra chewy texture!