120g Corn Kernels
Banana Leaf* (or another mould of your preference, optional)
45g Corn Flour
200ml Coconut Cream
1 Small Pandan Leaf (knotted, optional)
Shredded Coconut (desiccated coconut works well too)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Mix all of Mixture A’s ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for Mixture B in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved (approx. 5 mins).
- Increase the heat to medium-high for a strong simmer. Remove pandan, if applicable.
- Add Mixture A into the saucepan and stir constantly until it starts to thicken (approx. 3 mins). Remove from heat and stir in the corn kernels.
- While the mixture is still warm, spread 2 tbsp onto your banana leaf or mould. Work quickly as it will harden as it cools. You can heat the saucepan over medium-low heat to keep it warm.
- Refrigerate for 10 mins or until set. Garnish with more corn or shredded coconut to your own preference.