800g Whole Chicken (Cut into small pieces)
40g Young Ginger (Shredded)
200ml FairPrice Canola Oil
50g Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce with Dried Scallop
8 cloves Garlic
1 pc Red Chilli (Seeded & Diced)*
10g Spring Onion (Chopped)
100g Bamboo Shoot (Julienned)
1 pkt (100g) Shimeiji Mushroom
1 tsp Sugar
500ml Chicken Stock
20g Corn Flour
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Rinse and remove the impurities from the chicken stomach.
- Remove the legs, wings, backbone (don’t throw it away as it could be used to make chicken stock or chicken sauce), chop into small pieces and season with salt and pepper to marinate the chicken pieces.
- Wrap the chicken in aluminium foil and greaseproof paper. Steam for about 12 to 15 minutes over high heat.
- Add 200ml of FairPrice Canola oil into a pan and deep fry garlic cloves over medium heat until golden brown. Remove and set aside, then continue to deep fry shredded ginger for garnishing. Strain the oil and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce – Slice the chili, remove the seeds and dice it. Julienne the bamboo shoots.
- Use the same oil from deep frying the garlic and ginger to stir fry the shimeji mushrooms until it turns brown, add in bamboo shoots to stir fry together.
- Add in diced chili, spring onion and Lee Kum Kee Oyster Sauce with Dried Scallop, then give it a toss.
- Add in chicken stock and bring to boil. Then add the fried garlic and sugar into the sauce before thickening up with corn starch.
- Remove access liquid from the steamed chicken and transfer the chicken to a dim sum basket/serving plate.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with fried ginger. Dish is ready to serve.