2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Sichuan Pepper Corn
2 Onions, sliced
8 clove Garlic, chopped
1 tbsp Dou Ban Jiang (spicy bean sauce)
1 tbsp Knorr Hao Chi All-In-One Seasoning
1 whole Duck, chop into 16 portions, washed and drained
2 Carrots, peeled & cut into sections
6 tbsp Knorr Mala Liquid Seasoning
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 can Beer (optional)
Water as needed
Pinch of sugar
4 tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 4 tbsp Water
1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Add cooking oil in a heated wok/pot, sauté the garlic, onion for about 2mins.
- Add the carrots, duck and remaining ingredients (except corn starch mixture and sesame oil) to cook and simmer for about 1hr or until duck is soft and tender. The water needs to be topped up to sufficiently cover the duck top surface.
- Skim away the excess fats and season with additional Knorr Mala Liquid Seasoning, if needed.
- When the duck is ready, pour in corn starch mixture and allow sauce to thicken.
- Turn off the stove and drizzle sesame oil over the duck.
- Ready to serve!