For the crust base:
1 cup Graham cracker (finely ground)
100g Unsalted butter (melted)
For the filling:
1 cup Dole Frozen Diced Avocado*
300g Cream cheese
200ml Whipping cream (for mixing with avocado)
150ml Whipping cream (for mixing with gelatine)
2½ tsp Gelatine powder
1 cup Granulated white sugar
2 Lime (zested and juiced)
1 Lime (for garnish)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice Xtra store.
- Grind graham crackers in food processor until finely ground, add melted butter and mix evenly.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom of a 10-inch-diameter springform pan and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Combine 150 ml of whipping cream and gelatine powder in a small saucepan. Stir for 2 minutes or until granules of gelatine is dissolved. Bring it to boil over medium heat and strain through a fine sieve to remove residue. Set aside to cool.
- Zest 2 limes first and extract the juice. Then blend it together with avocado, cream cheese, sugar and 200 ml of whipping cream until everything is smooth and well-combined.
- Pour in gelatine-cream mixture (from step 3) and continue blending till the mixture is creamy and smooth in texture.
- When ready, pour the avocado lime cheesecake into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top, before chilling it in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Release the cake from the springform pan and garnish with lime slices and zest on top, and it is ready to serve right away.