1 tbsp canola oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 red pepper diced
1 cup stringless snap peas
3 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
2 large carrot peeled and shredded
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1-2 pinches red pepper flakes
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
375g box whole grain spaghettini pasta (or an equal amount of preferred noodles)
2 tbsp water optional
1 tbsp corn starch optional
- Add oil to a large pot and cook chicken over medium-high heat, just until mostly browned.
- Add pepper, peas, cabbage and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until veggies are softened slightly.
- Add garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook the pasta, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until pasta is separated and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Cover and cook for 3-4 more minutes until pasta is al dente or cooked to your preference.
- If desired, combine corn starch and water and stir into pasta to thicken sauce. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Ashley Fehr from The Recipe Rebel.