150g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Salt
90g Cake Flour
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Peaches (sliced into thin semicircles)
1/2 cup Toasted Almond Flakes
Icing sugar (for dusting/decorating)
- In two separate bowls, split the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites. Gradually add in the caster sugar in three parts until stiff peaks are formed.
- In the egg yolk bowl, add in the cooking oil, milk, vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and fold until combined.
- Once done, add in the salt, sifted cake flour and cornstarch. Fold the mixture until there are no lumps of flour.
- In a rice cooker, brush the base and sides thoroughly with oil. Coat the sides with flour for extra non-stick capability. Pour in the mixture. Tap the pot lightly onto the table to remove air bubbles in the batter.
- Cook in the rice cooker on the “cake” setting (approximately 50 mins). Use a toothpick to poke the cake and ensure that it comes out clean.
- Once cooled, top the cake with peach slices and almond slices. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!