Ingredients for Pastry
500g Plain flour (all purpose) sifted
2 Egg yolks
1 Egg white
1 tbsp Cornflour
Ingredients for Pineapple Jam
1 pkt Pineapple paste
2 tbsp Butter
1 cup Water
1 Vanilla essence
1 stick Cinnamon
- Place pineapple paste in a saucepan on slow heat stove.
- Add-in the ½ cup of water, cinnamon stick and then the butter.
- Mix thoroughly until the paste softens and then put aside.
- Using the electric mixer, cream butter until smooth and light. Add eggs and beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour in few transmissions and mix it until evenly well and firm. Leave it rest for 7-10mins.
- Roll pastry with roller pin to a thickness of about ¼ inch. Using a desired mould or the traditional round mould, cut the pastry accordingly and then place the appropriate amount of the pineapple jam (roll the jam for easy topping) on top and in the centre of the cookie.
- Repeat procedures until finish and bake the cookies in a preheat oven of 160 degrees celsious for 20-25mins or until the pastry turns gold or light brown.