6 Egg Yolks
60g Caster Sugar
220ml Thickened Cream
1 Vanilla Pod or ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Raspberry Jam
1 stick Cinnamon
12 Puff Pastry Tart Shells
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C.
- Mix 100ml milk and 220ml thickened cream in a deep saucepan.
- Halve 1 vanilla bean. Scrape the seeds out and add into the milk mixture along with a stick of cinnamon.
- Heat the cream mixture to scalding point, when little bubbles form at the edges.
- Turn off fire and let the mixture cool.
- Whisk 6 egg yolks with 60g caster sugar.
- Discard cinnamon from the cooled cream mixture.
- Pour and continuously whisk the cream mixture into the egg yolks.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Fill the pastry shell with the custard mixture
- Bake at 230°C for 30 minutes until custard is set and the top has burnt splotches and pastry is brown.