3 Prawns (Peeled)
2 Spring Onions (Chopped)
2 tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 tbsp Canola Oil
25g Corn Starch
60g Rice Flour
15g Tapioca Starch
½ tsp Salt
- Combine corn starch (or flour), tapioca starch and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add water and whisk the mixture well.
- Brush a tray with canola oil to prevent the mixture from sticking to it.
- Boil water in a long and wide pot or pan. Pour the mixture on the tray and place it slightly above the boiling water.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Chop the prawns roughly and scatter it all over the mixture with some spring onions.
- Cover and steam for another 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula and roll the mixture up gently. Add a little canola oil to help you with this if it continues to stick to the tray in certain areas.
- Drizzle light soya sauce and sprinkle the remaining spring onions before serving!
Tip: These prawn rice rolls can be served alongside other side dishes like a Cantonese “dim sum” meal to feed a larger crowd.