For Pie Crust:
1⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour
½ tsp Salt
½ cup Shortening
3½ tbsp Cold Water
For Pumpkin Filling:
2 cups Pumpkin, Cooked & Mashed
1 can Evaporated Milk
2 Eggs, Beaten
¾ cups Brown Sugar
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Ground Ginger
½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Salt
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Prepare pie crust by mixing together the flour and salt. Cut shortening into flour; add cold water 1 tablespoon at a time (you may need only 3 tablespoons, or up to 4 tablespoons). Mix dough and repeat until dough is moist enough to hold together.
- Shape dough into a ball and roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness and lay it into a 8-9inch pie pan and trim off the excess on the sides and set aside.
- Combine ingredients for pumpkin fillings in a large mixing bow and beat with an electric mixer. Or, blend them in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin puree onto the pie crust and bake for 40mins.
- Let it cool and set in the fridge overnight before serving it.