375g Coconut Milk
9g Agar Agar Powder
½ tsp Red Food Colouring
120g Red Bean Paste
- Divide red bean paste into 12 small balls (10g each ball). Flatten the ball and shape it to fit into the middle of the mooncakes.
- In a separate pot, mix agar agar powder, water, coconut milk, and sugar. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add food colouring and mix well. Keep the mixture warm under low heat otherwise it will harden.
- Fill ¼ of the mould with the mixture and wait until it hardens (this will take around 3-5 minutes).
- Place red bean paste in the centre of the mould and fill up with agar mixture to cover the mould. Place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set completely and serve chilled.
Tip: Use alternative fillings such as lotus seed paste, custard paste or even taro yam paste for interesting variations!