120g Red Bean
30g Dried Longan
10g Lotus Seed – optional
2 Dried Tangerine Peel – optional
1 litre Water
- Prepare tangerine peel: Use a knife to carefully scrape away most of the white pith on the inside of the peel. The while pith is bitter, so we don’t want that.
- Prepare lotus seed (if using): Soak lotus seeds for 30 minutes. Split each into half and remove the black germ in between.
- Pressure Cook: Add the red beans, lotus seeds, tangerine peel and water into the pot. Pressure cook on High for 20 minutes. Quick release when it is ready.
- Prepare oats: Meanwhile, add some (boiling) hot water to the oats. Stir and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients: Open Pressure Cooker lid. By now, the red beans would have softened dramatically (see below). Add oats, longan and sugar.
- Saute on HIGH for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir. Enjoy! Serve hot or cold. The dessert will thicken further as it cools.