2 cups Rice, washed
1 tbsp Chicken Stock Powder
4 Rehydrated Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
2 Chinese Sausages, sliced
4 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
2cm Ginger slice (Optional)
3 Chicken Thighs, cut into 2cm cubes
1 clove Garlic, grated
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sweet Dark Soy Sauce (or equal parts dark soy sauce & sugar)
1cm Ginger, grated (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 stalks Spring Onions, Chopped
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in hot water until plump. Remove the stem, slice mushrooms and keep the mushroom liquid. Set aside.
- Combine the Chicken Marinade ingredients and adjust to taste. Marinate the cut chicken and set aside for 10 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan. Fry garlic, onion and ginger for about 1-2mins or until aromatic. Add Chinese sausage and cook for another minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook marinated chicken together with the marinade and season with sugar and pepper to taste. Sauté until chicken is well-cooked.
- Turn off the fire, stir in the rice, chicken stock powder, mushrooms & Sausage-Onion mix, quickly coating each grain with sauce, ensuring not to burn the rice.
- Transfer mixture to your rice cooker and add the water per your rice cooker instructions. You can also use the reserved mushroom liquid as part of the water. Once the rice is cooked, switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and wait for 10 mins.
- Add sesame oil and fluff the rice. Garnish with spring onions, chili, and shallots, serve warm.