1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Pinch of salt & black pepper to taste
125g Salted Butter (Softened)
2g (approx. ½ pkt) Seaweed Snack
½ tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Black Sugar
Spring Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Combine soy sauce & black sugar in a bowl and microwave on high for 15 secs. Meanwhile, roughly chop seaweed into small pieces about 0.5cm or so.
- Add chopped seaweed and salted butter into the bowl of soy sauce and sugar. Mix until there are no streaks of butter left in the mixture, then set aside.
- Butterfly cut the topside of the prawn body just after the head all the way to the tail without cutting through the other side, as you would do to a hot dog bun. Toss to coat in oil and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Spread the prawns open & place the prawn shell side down onto a tray, slotting it closer to the oven’s top shelving and bake for 7-8 mins until cooked.
- Alternatively, you can use a pan over medium high heat and place prawn shell side down and cook for about 2-3 mins covered and 1 min uncovered until cooked.
- Remove prawns from the oven and spoon a teaspoon or your desired amount of butter over them, letting the heat melt it. Garnish with spring onions or coriander if using and serve immediately.