900g Brussels sprouts (organic if possible – washed well)
¼ cup Raw organic green pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp Organic extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp Ground black pepper
2 tbsp Organic maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 205°C.
- Thoroughly clean each brussels sprout, making sure to remove any outer wilted leaves and trim bottoms if needed.
- Cut each sprout into half so that they are all around the same size.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet or you can use parchment paper, drizzle the olive oil evenly and sprinkle with pepper.
- Toss the sprouts until well coated.
- Roast for ~25 mins, making sure to stir 1-2 times so they are getting cooked on both sides. Sprouts will get slightly browned and just tender when pierced at the base.
- Drizzle the sprouts with maple syrup and toss with pumpkin seeds.
- Roast for ~5 additional minutes until pumpkin seeds are just toasted. Keep your eye on it. You want the dish perfectly browned, but not burnt. Ready to serve. YUM!