1 Pasar Jumbo Chicken (Cleaned and insides removed)*
100g Corn Starch
5cm Young Ginger knob (chopped finely)
2 stks Spring Onions (chopped finely)
4 tbsp Chinese Rose Wine (mui kwei lo zao)*
1 tbsp Hua Tiao Chiew
1 tsp Salt
¼ cup Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
Some White Pepper
½ tbsp Hua Tiao Chiew
1 stk Spring Onion (chopped finely)
1 pc Chilli Padi (chopped)
1 stk Coriander Leaves (chopped)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Add all dip ingredients together in a bowl and mix well until the sugar dissolves, and set aside.
- Rub whole chicken with marinade till the salt dissolves and is absorbed into the skin. Set aside for 20 mins.
- Steam chicken for 50 mins.
- Remove chicken and reserve the sauce pooled at the bottom of the steaming plate.
- In a bowl, add corn starch into water and mix well. Thicken reserved sauce with corn starch mixture over low heat, and pour over chicken.
- Garnish with shredded ginger, spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve with the dip on the side.