4 Salmon Fillet, around 125g, boneless and skinless
20g Basil, washed and chopped
20g Coriander, washed and chopped
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
30ml Olive Oil
4cm Ginger, peeled and diced
6 cloves Garlic, peeled and diced
3 Shallot, peeled and diced
1 Red Chilli, skin and seeds removed
1 punnet Cherry Tomato, washed and cut into half
1 Large Carrot, peeled
1 Small Daikon, peeled
1 tbsp Capers
1 tbsp Pine Nuts
1 tbsp Black Olive
300ml Columbia Winery Chardonnay, optional
300g Foodpeople 16 Multigrain Rice, washed
20ml Terrecreta Organic Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Grove Avocado Oil
- Wash the fresh herbs, basil and coriander. Finely slice the fresh herbs.
- Butterfly the salmon by slicing it in half. Stuff with basil and coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a pot, bring 1L salted water to boil. Add half the ginger and half the garlic. Add in the whole carrot and daikon. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Strain. Reserve the water, daikon and carrot. We will use the water to cook the multi grain rice later.
- Slice the carrot and daikon at 5mm thickness. Extract little discs with a ring cutter. Place the little discs on top of the salmon, alternating the colours to make a pattern. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Fry the remaining garlic, ginger and shallot until fragrant.
- Add chilli, capers, pine nuts and olive. Deglaze with white wine (or replace with carrot/daikon water). Reduce heat by half. Add tomato. Transfer content to a baking dish to double boil.
- Place the salmon on top of the cooked mixture. Cover with a cling film and double boil for 8 min. Remove from double boiler. Allow to rest for 1 minute and remove cling film.
- In a rice cooker, cook the multi grain rice in the carrot stock (450ml) for 15 minutes. Fluff and serve on the side.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Serve with multigrain rice.