12 Prawns with shell (de-shelled with vein removed)
2 tbsp Corn flour
950ml Oil (for deep frying)
2 tbsp Butter
1 clove Garlic (bashed and minced)
1 Red chilli (chopped finely)
3 tbsp Knorr Salted Egg Yolk Powder
Salt (a dash)
¼ tsp Sugar
- Dust prawns with corn flour. Remove excess flour.
- Heat oil and deep-fry prawns until 80% cooked. Remove and drain. Set it aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic and chilli with butter until garlic turns light golden.
- Lower heat. Add Knorr Salted Egg Yolk Powder, salt and sugar.
- Once sugar begins to caramelise, add prawns.
- Toss prawns until cooked.
- Remove and serve immediately