2 cobs of corn
6 mini hotdogs, sliced
1 tbsp butter
1 can of evaporated milk (390g)
4 salted egg yolks*
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 – 2 small red chili padi
1 tsp sugar (recommended, depending on preference)
Handful of spring onions, chopped
Dash of black pepper
Dash of salt
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Boil salted eggs until fully cooked. Remove yolks from egg white and smash them into a paste-like texture before setting it aside to cool.
- Chop the cobs of corn into pieces and put in a steamer for 30 minutes along with the hotdogs.
- Boil clams in salt water until all clams are fully opened. Discard unopened clams and set aside cooked clams.
- Cook prawns till almost cooked (3 – 5minutes) and set aside.
- Melt butter and stir fry salted egg yolk paste, chilli padi and garlic till fragrant. Add evaporated milk and curry leaves and stir till the sauce is thickened. Add sugar to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Pour sauce over the clams, hotdogs, corn and prawns thoroughly before placing it in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped spring onions and pepper. Serve the seafood boil warm
Tip: Use fresh seafood for best quality. For home gardeners, feel free to use your own herbs for greater satisfaction.