50ml Capilano Pure Honey
5 Egg whites
2 tbsp Lemon juice
4 Egg yolks
50ml Fresh milk
3 tbsp Red food colouring*
7 pcs White marshmallows
1 Banana leaf*
4 Strawberries, cubed
1 tbsp of Honey
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Add the egg whites, honey and lemon juice in a bowl. With a mixer, beat until the mixture turns white and forms a firm peak, creating the meringue.
- Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil in a bowl and whisk to form the cake batter.
- Add flour and continue whisking till all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add red food colouring to achieve the colour desired.
- Combine the meringue and cake batter together.
- Place the baking paper in a circular, 12cm baking tin.
- Spread the cake mix onto each baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 150°C.
- Cut a banana leaf into a square to make the Ang Ku Kueh leaf. Place the cake on the banana leaf.
- Place the marshmallows across the cake. Stack another layer of red cake on top of the marshmallow layer. Repeat this to get the layers desired.
- Top the cake with strawberry cubes and drizzle honey over the cake.