9 large Eggs
1.5 tbsp Fish Sauce
70ml Whipping Cream
1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
300g Minced =chicken
1/2 cup Thai Basil Leaf (or Purple and Sweet Basil)*
1 tsp White Pepper Powder
3 cloves Garlic, minced
2 Shallots, minced*
2 tbsp Oil
Basil Chicken Sauce Mix
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
4 tbsp Curry Leaf*
6 large Holy Basil Leaves*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk well with whipping cream, white pepper, sugar and fish sauce. Set the egg mixture aside for 15 mins.
- Sauté garlic and shallots on medium heat for 5 mins in a heavy-bottomed frying pan. Mix the sauces for the basil chicken. Add half of this sauce mix into the pan with garlic and shallots until the liquid has reduced to almost half in volume.
- Add minced chicken into the pan and cook on high heat. Stir constantly. Add the remainder of sauce mix and Thai Basil Leaf, then cook for 3 mins.
- Pour in the egg mixture as the chicken is being cooked. Stir constantly. When the egg mixture starts to solidify into curds at the bottom of the pan, remove from heat and stir gently, then place back on heat to carry on cooking. Repeat this step 4-5 times until the scrambled eggs are creamy and similar to custard. Do not use too much heat and to prevent scrambled eggs from being dry and crumbly.
- Deep fry curry leaf and holy basil leaf till crispy, then drain on paper towels.
- Plate the scrambled eggs, minced chicken and top with crispy leaves. Serve immediately!