½ pc Red Capsicum (sliced)
50g Broccoli (chopped)
100g Asparagus (each stalk sliced into 4 pieces)
2 tbsp Crushed Cashews
1½ tbsp Olive Oil
½ tbsp Freshly Minced Garlic
1 tsp Lemon Juice
½ tsp Pinch of Salt
½ tsp Cracked Pepper (for garnish)
Salmon is high in amino acids and omega-3 fatty acid – enhancing the function of immune cells. Cashews are high in zinc and Red bell peppers are rich in Vitamin C which can help strengthen your immune system, fight off infections and regulate development and function of immune cells. Asparagus is also a good source of fibre, folate, and Vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Rub a pinch of salt on salmon and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ tbsp of olive oil to the pan and saute asparagus, capsicum & broccoli, stirring regularly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic to the pan and wait till pan is smoking hot. Add salmon skin down, and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- When salmon skin is crisp, flip salmon and cook for another 3 minutes. Cook longer if necessary.
- Plate salmon on sautéed vegetables and cashews, and drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil to preference. Add some cracked pepper on top if desired.