500g Fresh spinach or baby spinach
200g Portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 sprig Of thyme or 1 tsp thyme leaves
1 punnet Cherry tomatoes
- Wash and pluck spinach into 4-inch lengths. (Just wash if using baby spinach.)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Remove the stalk and the black gills from the mushrooms and set aside for use in a stock, salad, or soup.
- Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add in spinach with salt and pepper to taste. Remove and set aside on serving plate.
- Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper, and thyme; then sauté until brown and tender. Add to the serving plate.
- Serve with eggs (poached or sunny side up), sliced avocado, halved cherry tomatoes (fresh or cooked).
- Team this with some crumbled feta, slice of whole wheat toast, sausage, or your favourite relish for a bit of a change up.