200g Chicken broth
150g Minced pork (add an egg if its from a leaner cut)
20g Spring onions, both the green and white stem chopped
20g Shallots, finely chopped
15g Salted vegetable, finely chopped (pickled mustard works too)
10g Garlic, finely minced
10g Shao tsing wine
10g Soy sauce
Pinch of ground white pepper
Chopped coriander leaves and stems, to garnish
- Marinate the pork with shao tsing wine and soy sauce. Mix thoroughly with the spring onions, shallots, salted vegetable, garlic and white pepper.
- Whisk the chicken broth and eggs together. Strain the egg mixture through a sieve to remove air bubbles and into a ceramic bowl or any vessel that can be used for steaming food.
- Wrap the bowl in cling film and steam for approximately 15 minutes.
- When the egg mixture has set, gently add the minced pork mixture on top of the custard-like egg mixture.
- Cover the bowl and steam for an additional 5 minutes, or until the pork mixture is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and stems before serving!
Recipe courtesy of Ethel Hoon.