1 Pomfret fish (Golden pomfret fish)
8 slices Ginger
4 sticks Green onion
⅛ tsp Salt
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Cut 4 sticks of spring onion into strips.
- Cut 8 slices of ginger into strips.
- The following, clean the fish, cut the belly clean out guts and gill.
- Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon salt into the belly and top of the fish and cleanse with the salt to remove any fishy smell.
- After cleaning the fish, add a few slices of ginger in the fish.
- Steam it for 3 minutes using high heat depends on the size of the fish. (Wait until water boilings and start the timer.)
- When the fish is done, transfer the fish to another clean plate and lay the green onion strips of top of the fish.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan. (Remember the oil needs to be hot) Pour the hot oil over the green onion and add 2 tablespoons soy sauce over the fish.
- Steam the fish for another 13 minutes using high heat and ready to serve.