1 tbsp Chinese Cooking Wine (also known as “shao tsing”)
1 – 2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
2 Pickled Salted Plums (Pitted, Mashed)
1 – 2 tsp Salted Plum Liquid (from the bottle)
2 tsp Fermented Bean Paste
2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 – 2 tsp Garlic (Minced)
1-2 tsp Sesame Oil
2 tsp Cooking Oil
Spring Onion (Chopped)
Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
Red Chillies (Chopped)
- Rub some cornstarch onto the pork ribs for a few seconds and rinse well under running water.
- Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add shao tsing wine to the pork ribs and massage it in for a few seconds to let it absorb. Add light soy sauce, sugar and salt to the pork ribs and mix well.
- Add pickled plum, plum sauce, plum liquid, bean paste and minced garlic.
- Lastly, add cornstarch, sesame oil and cooking oil. Cover and set aside for 30 mins.
- Transfer the pork ribs to a deep plate (that’s able to hold some of the broth) for steaming. Arrange the pork ribs in a single layer and avoid stacking them closely together.
- Steam over high heat for approximately 20 mins. Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy this dish piping hot served with a bowl of steamed white rice!
Recipe by Rae Yun of @theramengirl.