200g Tenderstem broccoli*
200g Frozen soya beans
2 x 120g Salmon fillets, skin-on, scaled, pin-boned, from sustainable sources
1 tbsp Runny honey
1 tbsp Jarred grated horseradish*
100g Baby spinach*
4 Spring onions
Sweet chilli sauce
1 Ripe avocado*
½ a bunch (15g) Fresh mint*
1 Fresh green chilli
1 clove Garlic
6 tbsp Fat-free natural yoghurt
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Trim the broccoli and blanch with the soya beans for 2 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water over a high heat, then drain and put aside.
- Season the salmon with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan over a high heat, add the salmon, skin-side down, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- For the dressing, scoop the avocado flesh into a blender, discarding the stone and peel. Pick the mint leaves, keeping any baby leaves to one side, then trim the chilli and peel the garlic. Throw the mint, chilli and garlic into the blender with the yoghurt, then squeeze in the lime juice and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth, adding a splash of water to loosen to a spoonable consistency.
- Add the honey and horseradish to the pan with the salmon, squeeze in the lime juice and mix the two together as they bubble. Flip the salmon over to coat it in the sticky glaze, then remove to a warm plate.
- Add the drained veg, spinach and a splash of water to the pan. Let the spinach wilt and mix to coat everything in the sticky goodness.
- Meanwhile, trim and finely slice the spring onions.
- Dish up the veggies, lay the salmon on top and scatter over the spring onions and reserved mint. Serve with a good drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Credit: Recipe © Jamie Oliver. Photography © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by Gus Filgate.