200ml Chilled Whipping Cream
1 tsp Sugar
5 pcs Strawberry (chopped to square)
1 drop Red Food Colouring (optional)
½ tsp Strawberry Essence (optional)
For Mochi Skin:
1.5 cup Glutinous Rice Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1.5 cup Water
1 drop Red Food Colouring
½ tsp Strawberry Essence
1 cup Potato Starch
- Whisk chilled whipping cream, add sugar once it hardens. Keep whisking until it reaches a soft peak (3 times of the initial volume).
- Add chopped strawberries, food colouring, and strawberry essence to whipped cream. Keep it chill.
- In a microwaveable bowl, mix glutinous rice flour with sugar.
- Add water, food colouring and strawberry essence. Mix well.
- Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Take it out and mix well. Repeat this 3 times till the dough is cooked and translucent.
- Allow the dough to cool down before sprinkling potato starch to prevent sticking when rolling
- Cut circles out of the flattened dough, and wrap strawberry cream filling in each circle
- Enjoy mochi at room temperature within a day as the skin hardens when refrigerated
Tip: Use a cold metal bowl and cold whisk to quicken the whipping process.