126g Semolina Flour
200g Butter (softened at room temperature)
96g Caster Sugar (divided into 3 portions)
6 Egg Yolks
3 Egg Whites
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
96g Ground Almonds (diced almonds work fine too)
32g Plain Flour
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
240g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Milk
Almond slices, for garnishing
- Cream the softened butter with 1/3 of the caster sugar. Mix on medium-high speed until it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Add in the semolina flour and mix for 30 secs until well combined. Set aside to rest for 1 hr in room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with another 1/3 of the sugar. Whip until medium peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, brandy, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix briefly until it doubles in size.
- In the fourth bowl, combine the flour, diced almonds, salt and baking power. Mix until well incorporated.
- In the bowl with the semolina butter, fold in the flour mixture until combined. Add in the egg yolk mixture and mix until well combined. Finally, fold in the egg whites in batches until fully incorporated.
- Grease the rice cooker with oil and line the base with parchment paper. Pour in the batter and set the rice cooker to its ‘cake’ setting (~ 50 mins).
- In a bowl, mix the room temperature butter with icing (add in 2 parts) and milk until well combined.
- Allow to cool in room temperature before topping with almond slicing and a sprinkle of frosting to serve.