½ cup White Quinoa
½ head Broccoli
20 Cherry Tomatoes
Handful Spinach Leaves
½ Red Onion
½ cup Pomegranate*
½ cup Raw Almonds
¼ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Lemon (Juiced)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Place quinoa in a medium sauce pan with 1 cup of water, bring water to boil, reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Add more water if needed. Fluff with a fork and leave covered to cool.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets and steam lightly over boiling water in a steaming basket for 3-4 minutes. Only partially steam keeping as many good nutrients as possible.
- Wash and chop spinach and parsley and add to a large salad bowl
- Add diced red onions, chilies, cherry tomatoes and red bell bell pepper to salad
- Deseed the pomegranate and add the seeds and roughly chopped almonds
- In a small jar with a lid, add the juice of one lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and shake well
- Add cooked quinoa, broccoli and dressing and toss through the salad
- Cut into granola size bars and stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze if longer than that