For Fried Tofu:
Oil for Deep Frying
2 pcs Large firm tofu
3 pcs Calamansi (juiced)*
1 pcs Cucumber (julienned)
2 handfuls Beansprouts (blanched)
4 tbsp Mahsuri Savoury Sweet Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Petis (black prawn paste)*
200g Groundnut with Skin
8 pcs Red Chilli Padi
8 pcs Green Chilli Padi
2 cloves Garlic
Gula Melaka (to taste)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Shallow fry the groundnuts till crisp and drain the oil on kitchen towel. Set aside half of the fried groundnuts and the remaining ones to be ground coarsely.
- Deep fry the tofu until the skin is of golden brown and crisp. Drain the tofu and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Use a mortar or blender to grind all the sauce ingredients together with the balance groundnuts until it forms a thick sauce.
- Place the sauce in a bowl. Stir it with the Calamansi juice and the grounded groundnuts. Mix well.
- When ready to serve, place the tofu on a plate. Pour the sauce and garnish it with cucumber and bean sprouts.