6 pcs Eggs
2 cups Water
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Chinese Pu-Erh Tea Leaf
1 stick Cinnamon
1 Star Anise
¼ tsp Chinese Five-Spice Powder
½ tsp Sugar
- Add 4 cups of water to a medium pot bring it to a boil. Gently drop in the eggs and boil for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the hard-boiled eggs out of the hot boiling water and rinse them with cold water.
- Using the back of a teaspoon, gently tap the eggshell to crack the shell.
- Return the eggs to the water and add in the remaining ingredients. Bring the tea mixture to a boil and immediately turn the heat to low.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour (the longer the simmering, the better the taste). Add more water if needed.
- Leave the tea eggs in the mixture overnight to develop more flavour.