1 Whole Pineapple
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
225g Tiger/Grey Prawn
40g Garlic (Mined)
50g Onion (Finely Chopped)
4 cups Cooked Rice
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Pineapple Chunks
½ cup Cashew Nuts
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
½ tbsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
20g Spring Onion (Finely Chopped)
- Cut the pineapple into half and remove the flesh to form a serving bowl.
- Heat up frying pan and add in cooking oil to sear prawn. Once cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in more oil if needed and add in minced garlic and onion to cook for 30 seconds. Add in curry powder and cook till fragrant.
- Add the cooked rice into the pan and stir fry till the curry paste coats evenly on the grains and the rice grains are not sticking to one another.
- Add in raisins, pineapple chunks, cashew nuts and continue to stir fry for another 4mins.
- Add in half of the cooked prawns and the seasonings – fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt – and mix well, continue to cook for another 2mins.
- Remove from heat and place it on the ‘pineapple bowl’. Garnish with remaining cooked prawns and spring onion and the dish is ready to serve.