3 cups of Espresso Strong coffee
4 eggs (separated and use 4 yolks and 2 egg-whites)
250g Caster Sugar
2 boxes of Savoiardi Biscuits
- Prepare the coffee and put it into a shallow dish and set it aside.
- Beat egg yolks with the caster sugar in a large bowl with electric beaters until is pale and thick. Add the mascarpone and mix gently until it just combine.
- Beat egg-whites in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg-whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Dip enough the Savoiardi biscuits into the coffee and place the 1st layer in an rectangular baking dish. Cover the layer of biscuits with one-third of the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers 2 times, ending with the cream.
- Dust the last layer of cream with generously cocoa powder and let it rest in the fridge at least 2 hours.