For braising Baby Abalone:
1 can Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone
5 tbsps Golden Chef Abalone Sauce
8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms (Pre-soaked)
1 tbsp Truffle Oil
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Rice Wine
1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
800ml Chicken Stock
50g Spring Onion (Cut into 2cm length)
1 tbsp FairPrice Canola Oil
10g Corn Starch*
1 Chicken Thigh (Chopped into chunks)
1 tsp Golden Chef 100% Pure Sesame Oil
2 tbsps Golden Chef Abalone Sauce
2 tsps Light Soy Sauce
A dash of Pepper
For Claypot Rice:
50g Preserved Sausages (Lup Cheong)
100g Kai Lan
2 cups Rice (Pre-soaked for 2hrs)
1 tbsp Shallot Oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Use medium high heat and stir fry spring onion with oil till fragrant. Add shiitake mushrooms and continue to stir fry.
- Add in Chicken Stock and bring to boil. Add Golden Chef Abalone Sauce and simmer for 10mins.
- Add in Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone, simmer for 20mins. Add pepper and sugar.
- Add in dark soya sauce, rice wine & truffle oil. Set aside.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with seasonings. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook pre-soaked rice and preserved sausage in a claypot or rice cooker.
- Add in kai lan and marinated chicken when rice is 80% cooked .
- Pour the braised abalone and sauce over rice when cooked.
- Cover the lid and continue to cook over high heat for 3 mins.
- Ready to serve.