Use a blender or whisk by hand:
1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
2 medium Ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup mashed banana)
1 Egg (lightly whisked)
2 tsp Baking powder
1½ tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup Mini carobs or mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl (or mixer), whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, egg, vanilla and almond milk until smooth.
- Add in the first bowl of dry ingredients to this second bowl of wet ingredients and mix lightly until just combined.
- NOTE: If the batter looks too thick, add just a splash more of the almond milk.
- Over medium heat, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet with coconut oil.
- Pour batter using a 1/4 cup onto the skillet and spread out lightly with a spoon. Immediately add 8 carobs or chocolate chips to each pancake round batter.
- Cook around 2 minutes (until bubbles appear on top).
- Flip the pancake cakes and cook around another 1.5 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower the skillet slightly and wipe skillet clean with each pancake made and repeat with more coconut oil until you use up all of the remaining batter.
- Makes 8 delicious pancakes. We double up the recipe and freeze a bag full of pancakes. Pop into the toaster for an on-the-go snack. You can add nut butter to the top or fruit.