1 cup Red Wine (white, rosé or any type of wine, depending on preference)
1/3 cup White Sugar
4 tbsp Gelatine Powder (unflavoured)
2-3 Silicone Moulds (in any shape, depending on preference)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a deep pot. Adjust the sugar for sweeter gummies accordingly.
- Pour in the wine and simmer on low heat. Once steam start to appear, whisk the wine and dry ingredients slowly.
- Whisk the mixture for 2-3 mins until the dry ingredients dissolve well.
- Use a dropper with a spout to fill the gummy bear moulds precisely. Wipe any excess with a damp cloth, then leave to set at room temperature for 10 mins before chilling.
- Refrigerate for at least 60 to 90 mins, depending on preferred firmness. The gummies will pop out from the mould easily once gelatin has set.
- Store uneaten wine gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tip: A food thermometer will help in ensuring the temperature of the wine mixture is maintained below 30°C while whisking. This will retain most of the alcohol!