8 slices Streaky Bacon
1 Large Vine-Ripened Tomato
1/2 head Iceberg Lettuce, sliced
1 Hayley Brioche Bun, halved*
1 large Yellow Onion, finely diced
1 clove Garlic, minced
3 tbsp Kagome Tomato Ketchup*
8 tbsp Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 large Gherkins, finely diced
125g Zott Zottarella Classic Ball Mozzarella, sliced into 4*
2 slices Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp Elle & Vire Golden Butter Unsalted, softened (not melted)*
200g The Meat Club Premium Beef Lean Mince*
NoMU Black Pepper Grinder*
*Available at your nearest Finest FairPrice store.
- Place bacon into a non-stick pan on low heat. Render fat and crisp up over low heat. Remove bacon once crisped evenly with a dark golden brown colour. Place on kitchen towel to drain.
- Make your secret sauce. Sauté diced onions and minced garlic in oil until translucent and slightly brown. Mix together with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and gherkins, then set aside.
- Form the beef into two even mounds, shaped into two patties with a diameter slightly larger than the brioche bun to prevent shrinkage. Chill in refrigerator for 15 mins to set.
- Slice lettuce, tomatoes and mozzarella. Season the sliced tomato with a pinch of sea salt. Season beef patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat, sear beef patties in hot pan for 2 mins on first side. After flipping, place mozzarella and cheddar cheese on the exposed, hot surface of the patties. After 2 mins, remove patties and let them rest in a warm area for 3 mins.
- Toast the cut edges of the brioche bun in the pan with 1 tsp of butter, till slightly brown and crisp.
- Spread the secret sauce onto base of brioche bun, layer with lettuce, bacon, burger patties, another thin layer of secret sauce and tomato, then top with the remaining half of the brioche bun. Serve immediately!