Your child’s brain is at its most impressionable when they are between zero to three years old. It is during this period that a child’s brain is most receptive to learning and enriching experiences.
This is also a good opportunity to introduce “Brain Food” to support your little one’s brain development, keeping them sharp and focused. Known benefits include: Elevated learning and concentration, sharpened memory and better attention. Here are some suggestions on “Brain Food” that you can start introducing to your child’s diet.
- Contain Choline, which is crucial for creation of memory stem cells and is formed within the brain.
- Eggs can be found at almost anywhere, from your nearest convenience store to supermarkets such as NTUC FairPrice, so you do not have to look to far to buy them.
- Among all yogurts, Greek Yogurt contains the most protein.
- Protein helps support brain cells in the sending and receiving of information.
- Do note that “Greek-style” yogurt does not have the same benefits as Greek Yogurt.
- Greek Yogurt can be found in most supermarkets in Singapore.
- Leafy vegetables like Kale are packed with anti-oxidants that support your child’s brain development, improving their learning and memory capabilities.
- Kale can be found in organic grocery stores and selected supermarkets in Singapore.
- Salmon, like other oily fish, is a good source of Omega-3, which contains DHA to support the growth of your child’s cognitive functions.
- Salmon can be found in most supermarkets in Singapore.