Har Cheong Gai
Chicken mid-joint wings12
Cooking oil for deep-frying
Fine shrimp sauce2 tablespoons
Sesame oil1 tablespoon
Chinese rice wine (hua tiao jiu)(optional)2 tablespoons
Oyster sauce1 tablespoon
Ground white pepper1/2 teaspoon
Plain flour6 tablespoons
Potato starch6 tablespoons
Baking powder1/4 teaspoon
- Place chicken mid-joint wings in a bowl. Add ingredients for marinade and mix well. Transfer wings to a resealable plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare batter. Combine ingredients for batter and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add marinated wings to batter and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep-frying in a wok over medium heat. Add wings and deep-fry until golden brown. Keep oil at 180°C while frying wings.
- Wings will start to float in 4–5 minutes when they are done. Remove and drain well. Serve.