Hokto Mushroom - Buna Shimeiji
Buna shimeiji are covered in light brown patches on its cap is less bitter than traditional Bunapi Shimeiji. Shimeji mushrooms must be cooked before consumption. It can be prepared in a variety of ways and remains firm and crunchy when cooked.
• Source of antioxidants, fibre, essential vitamins and minerals
• Low in calories
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
1. Commercial shimeiji mushrooms are generally very clean. Hence, wash gently before preparation.
2. To minimise waste for cooking, cut mushroom into half, then trim the tough interconnected base of the mushroom bundle.
3. Hand separate the mushroom stalks from each other to ensure that mushrooms are evenly cooked later on.
Ways to enjoy:
• Pasta or Ramen
• Store the mushrooms in the refrigerator and consume within one week of storage
• Once the packaging is opened, it is recommended to consume as soon as possible
• For prolonged storage after opening of package, wrap leftover mushrooms with a paper towel and store them in an unsealed bag - This is to keep them dry and prevent rotting