Engage the little ones at home with 4 fun craft activities using recyclable items & ingredients from FairPrice!
Homemade musical shakers
Get in the musical groove together!
Wrapping up the recycled container
Filling up your container
• Empty Milk Tin, toilet paper roll, kitchen towel roll
• Pasta, Rice, Kidney Beans
• Double sided tape
• Clear Tapes
• Colour Markers
• Rubber Bands
• Aluminium Foil
• White paper (to wrap the milk tin and empty rolls)
- Wrap the milk tin and empty rolls with white paper.
- Wrap one end of the shakers with aluminium foil and secure with rubber band.
- Pour in the pasta, rice, kidney beans into each shaker.
- Wrap the other end of the shakers with aluminium foil and secure with rubber band.
- Decorate the shakers as you wish and start shaking to create your own musical beat!
No-glue gooey slime
Let your imagination run wild with this homemade gooey mixture which makes an engaging hands-on activity!
Adding the ingredients
Mixing the ingredients
• ½ cup Shampoo
• 1-2 tsp Conditioner (optional, to keep slime from drying)
• 1 cup Cornstarch
• Food Colouring
- Put shampoo, cornstarch and conditioner in a bowl. Mix well
- Add water and stir. Add more water and stir well.
- Knead the slime for about 5 minutes, until you reach the desired consistency.
- Divide the slime and add food colouring.
Rainbow foam sensory play
Everything’s better in rainbow colours! Keep the kids busy with this colourful & fun-filled activity.
DIY lava lamp
Experiment with science together at home through this cool lava lamp!