- Buna shimeiji are covered in light brown patches on its cap is less bitter than traditional Bunapi Shimeiji. Shimeji mushrooms must be cooked before consumption. It can be prepared in a variety of ways and remains firm and crunchy when cooked.• Source of antioxidants, fibre, essential vitamins and minerals
- • Low in calories
- • Cholesterol-free
Country of Origin
- 1. Commercial shimeiji mushrooms are generally very clean. Hence, wash gently before preparation.
- 2. To minimise waste for cooking, cut mushroom into half, then trim the tough interconnected base of the mushroom bundle.
- 3. Hand separate the mushroom stalks from each other to ensure that mushrooms are evenly cooked later on.Ways to enjoy:
- • Baking
- • Stir-frying
- • Soup
- • Pasta or Ramen<Br>• Salad
- • Steamed
- • Pickled
- • Store the mushrooms in the refrigerator and consume within one week of storage
- • Once the packaging is opened, it is recommended to consume as soon as possible
- • For prolonged storage after opening of package, wrap leftover mushrooms with a paper towel and store them in an unsealed bag - This is to keep them dry and prevent rotting