16 oz pack Mee Sua
1 Large Red Onion (sliced finely)
4 cloves Garlic (minced finely)
55g Hae Bee (washed and drained, keep the shrimp water)
6-8 rehydrated Dried Shitake Mushrooms (presoaked till soft then squeezed dry and cut into strips. Keep the mushroom water)
16 oz Oregon Fresh Baby Shrimp
½ Napa Cabbage (cut in half inch strips)
1 Large Carrot (julienned)
6 Large Eggs (make an omelet and cut into strips)
Vegetable Cooking Oil (organic canola, avocado or grapeseed)
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, cook the Mee Sua till al dente, then rinse under cold running water until cool to touch. Set aside.
- Heat about ¼ cup of oil in a large skillet (or wok) with the onions. Stir occasionally and wait till the onions are soft and translucent. Add garlic and hae bee. This needs to sizzle and cook till you can smell the toasted garlic and hae bee.
- Add the carrots and stir fry till softened. Add fresh baby shrimp and the napa cabbage. Toss everything until its evenly coated with the onion/garlic mix.
- Deglaze the pan with about 2-3 tbsp of Shaoxing wine. Add white pepper to taste.
- Add the Mee Sua. If it starts to look dry, add the dried shrimp and mushroom water and work to toss the noodles evenly in the mix.
- Plate -up and garnish as needed. Enjoy!